Friday, April 28, 2006

Darn it....

OK, so I now value and realize the importance of checking gauge. I had to restart the back of the sweater three times and I finished the back on Monday. Let me tell you how horribly wrong this went. First of all, it is six inches longer than it should be. To top it off I still don’t know if I have gotten the short rows done properly. Here are some pictures of the back. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On a positive note the yarn is knitting up beautifully and I can not wait to frog this back and start over again after making a few gauge swatches. In the mean time I am working on a purse from the original Stitch and Bitch book. This project is going great and I even bought new circular needles to make it easier on my hands. Metal circulars just hurt! I get rough spots and calluses when I use metal needles. They also make me feel like a knitting thimble would not be a bad idea…. Happy knitting to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment