Thursday, June 04, 2009

Teacher's Gift Idea

My son had his last day of preschool recently and it was really hard to say goodbye to a great school that we spent three years with. I have watched my son grow and become a confident little boy ready to face Kindergarten. To say thank you to all of his teachers we made these adorable pots. I of course did not take a picture of the final project, I guess that means that we need to make at least 1 more. But here is the general idea.

We took some terra cotta pots, primed them white, had my son draw line to separate grass and sky, using a paint pen for terra cotta wrote along the top "thank you for helping me grow". We then using his thumb and finger we made flowers around the pot. When the paint dried I used some spray varnish to seal the pots and potted them with lavender. I think that the teacher's really liked these gift as they were handmade, but useful. Plus what women does not like the smell of lavender.

1 comment:

  1. These are just adorable! wish my kids were still young enough to do all that fun stuff with, I miss it. I'm so impressed that you have time to run three blogs!

    ReplyDelete